In Search Digital Marketing - Cornwall
Be Aware Of Bad SEO Practices
1. What works in search engine optimisation changes often and an agency with glowing testimonials from even a year ago might not mean they can still put your business at the top of Google today. An SEO agency can never guarantee top rankings but can be sure what they have done in the past works. However, if Google changes its algorithm which it does frequently, those strategies that once worked may no longer do so.
2. Testimonials and reviews are easily faked. I read somewhere that the highest number of fake reviews and testimonials are in the SEO industry with around 70% overall not being real. These can be paid for, written by friends, family, colleagues or by the SEO themselves using a different email.
3. SEO is all about content and links - these days have passed.
4. Link building using mass building tools such as GSA, Magic Submitter, Ranker X, SEnuke, Scrapebox etc
5. Outsourcing SEO campaigns or just link building to Fiverr gigs, Konker, various Freelance sites, Blackhat world.
6. Taking your money, doing very little and disappearing.
I am sure there are more but they are a few things to look out for when thinking about using an SEO company. It may put you off but find the right one and your business can be taken to a new level.